The Garmin ‘Back 2 Tanga 10’ is done and dusted for another year with 101 strikes recording across the two day competition.
Run by the Moreton Bay Game Fish Club the event was hailed a great success with nine clubs turning out for the enjoyable and entertaining annual fishing competition.
The overall tournament champion was Andre Venter who also collected the Champion Angler award. Patricia Minzas was the Champion Female Angler while Harrison Billing claimed the top Junior prize.
From the competing clubs there were 33 boats and 99 anglers including 10 female and nine juniors.
82 of the 101 recorded strikes were hookups of which 49 were either tagged and released or captured.
- 1 Blue Marlin
- 11 Black Marlin
- 2 Sailfish
- 35 other gamefish
With great prizes up for grabs the Event organisers made special mention of the generosity of sponsors. which sets up an even better 2019 … if that’s possible!
- OVERALL TOURNAMENT CHAMPION : Andre Venter – 3000 pts
- Champion MBGFC member: Ryan McKinnon – 1665 pts
- CHAMPION MALE ANGLER: Andre Venter – 3000 pts
- Runner-up Male angler: Adrian Wright – 3000 pts
- 3rd Place Male Angler: Ryan McKinnon – 1665 pts
- CHAMPION FEMALE ANGLER : Patricia Minzas – 3000 pts
- Runner up Female Angler: Charlotte Ditchfield -1500 pts
- 3rd place Female Angler: Debbie Dahl – 1500pts
- CHAMPION JUNIOR: Harrison Billing – 1650pts
- Runner-up Junior : James Threadingham 1620 pts
- 3rd Place Junior : Robbie Flynn – 50 pts
- Champion boat over 8m: Bangalee
- Runner up boat over 8m: Spartacus
- 3rd place boat over 8m: Black Habit
- Champion boat under 8m: Reel Affair
- Runner up Boat under 8m: Galaxy II
- 3rd place Boat under 8m: Get Bent
- Champion Angler Tuna: Harrison Billing (J) – “Get Bent”
- Champ Angler other G’Fish Sp: Ryan McKinnon – “Galaxy II”
- First Billfish tagged – Day 1: Patricia Minzas – “Spartacus”
- Last Bill fish tagged – Day 1: Gary Venniekerk – “Reel Affair”
- First Billfish tagged – Day 2: James Threadingham – “Oofa”
- Last Billfish tagged – Day 2: Tony Ford – “Choppy”
Post tournament celebrations brought out the great culture of the clubs who weren’t to keen to get home anytime soon!
The club is always looking for new members, so if you enjoy fishing, camping, or just like participating in club functions and would like further details, head across to their website: http://www.mbgfc.com.au/index.html